Friday, November 19, 2010

Pott-Heads, Potties, Potter Fanatics......

So Dan and his sister are, to me, true Pott-heads. (Or Potties) (or whatever you want to call it...) They both know EVERYTHING Harry Potter. From the name of every characters best friends mother, to the size and type of wand each character has, to the latin interpretation of each houses saying... Seriously- it's kinda geeky but pretty impressive! I wish I had the memory for that. Dan just listens to the books when he's driving or is walking the yard at work and just remembers everything! (same with Rach)

Anyways- Dan's sister got us pre screener tickets to the 1st half of Harry Potter 7. They had a BIG to-do up at Thanksgiving Point with costumes and games and TONS of people dressed up! I wished I would have brought a better camera and made people take pictures with me. We saw a DOPE Reeta Skeeter costume. A really LAME Voldemort costume and a black dude with a white tee-shirt on which he had written in a black sharpie- "Sirius-ly Black"! (That last one was so so so awesome- I wished I would have had the guts to ask him to take a picture with me!) They had every level in between. People with the legit robes and ties and wands and everything. Full Quidditch costumes with brooms. It was pretty awesome but made me completely realize that this is kinda like our era's Trekkies! And I was totally there and kinda thought about dressing up. (Dan brought some face paint so we could do lightning bolts but we forgot to put them on because we were late and in a hurry.) Dan's sister mentioned that she's stoked for when they start doing Harry Potter Conventions like the Star Trek ones because she's totally going. Haha- it's funny because I totally don't think she's a dork for saying that! But I think Trekkies kinda are... I'm a hypocrite I guess.

Anywho- the movie was AWESOME! Really kinda scary- like probably too scary for our 7 year old. And really dark and mature. I guess the book kinda was too but I'm not worried about Scott devouring that 759 page book anytime soon... But yeah- awesome! They followed the book REALLY well and only left out some minor parts and changing little to make the story flow faster. Now I REALLY can't wait for July when the last part comes out!!

Here's a few pics from the party they had going on...





(They had REAL owls there! DUDE- those things are MEGA CREEPY up close! The one in the pic with Dan and Rachel like stared at me for a minute and really creeped me out- like I had chills!!! Eesh! But cool at the same time- and really soft looking.)


Anyways- Good times! THANKS RACH!!!!! YOU ROCK!

1 comment:

Kim said...

This might have been the same event my sister & hub went to. They love to wear costumes for anything and won some prizes for their costumes--Snapes and Bellatrix. The whole Harry Potter thing is so great. I will miss it when it is over.