Tuesday, May 15, 2007

ZOO! (and confessions of a photo-op-a-holic)

I know- I take too many pictures- you have no idea though- it's in my blood- just ask dan- I'm not near as bad as my mom but I'm getting there....

Today we went to the Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake with Scott's preschool group. It was a blast- great weather and great fun! I think we had the most fun at the leopards cage- it kept walking back and forth across the front of the glass and eyeing the little kids like he really really wanted to eat them. It looks like he's about to roaring at the kids in some of the pics but he really just wandered back and forth with his mouth probably watering.
Scott thought it was hilarious- he loved being that close (I'm not sure how he would have felt without the 3 inch glass though)



Brock just loved the up close encounter as well!




I know this pic is blurry but I just like it. It's at the water fountain outside the monkey house.



The boys loved the giraffes- I think it's the only time they were all looking in the general direction of the camera at the same time for a picture.


And this is just weird and gross- there was a baboon that had the most colorful butt! I don't know if it was in heat or something- but it had red all around it's tail- and then a blue stripe a little further down- but it was mighty colorful- (including it's manly parts)- weird!!!


And then one of Scott and the front of the baboon.


They have a white alligator there right now. It's not albino- it just has white skin and normal eyes. I guess there's only 10 in the world and one's in Utah! It was really cool- here's the back of the boys heads and the alligator...


Another cute family pic at the Zebra's. Scott never gets the smile quite right- silly kid.


Definitely a sweet day at the zoo.

2 comments:

Emily said...

These pictures are great. You have the cutest boys! Looking at this reminded me of the day we saw you guys at the zoo and it rained. We got so soaked trying to watch the bird show :)

Robin D said...

Hey I was with you when we got rained on! How funny. By the way congrats on being prego! I can't wait to find out what you're having...keep me posted. And keeping pimping the minivan!