Monday, November 19, 2007

Haircuts, Pony Rides, Little Friends, and FOOD!!

So the boys have needed haircuts for a long time and I finally had my sister come hook us up!

You can see Brock's new short hair in the next pic- We've been going to the Petting Zoo alot to enjoy the end of the fall weather (It's 70 today at the end of Nov!!!)- (They both LOVE the pony rides!)

I snapped this pic right as the pony's started going again.

We took Scott and Brock and their friends to a nearby park- what a fun group of friends my kids have!!!


And this is the reason why I will probably never get back to my pre-pregnancy jeans! I LOVE to make desserts! It's my guilty pleasure! I love to eat them!!! And the past few weeks I've been on a pumpkin brownie kick- I've made two batches (each batch could feed an army!) And I probably ate at least 3/4 of a pan of these. Now I know why they call it a Jelly Roll Pan- cuz it certainly adds to the "jelly roll" I've got around my waist!! (hahaha- what a comedian I am!)

Here's the recipe if anyone else feels the need to add to their waistline- these are devilishly good- you'll wanna eat the whole pan!!!!

Pumpkin Brownies

Pumpkin Brownies

4 eggs

2 cup sugar

1 ½ cup oil

1 15 oz can pumpkin

Mix together.

2 ½ cup flour

2 tsp soda

1 tsp salt

2 tsp cinnamon

Beat together

Pour into Ungreased jelly roll pan

350 oven 10-30 min.

Make sure set in middle

Cream Cheese Frosting

3 ½ cup powdered sugar

½ tsp vanilla

8 oz soft cream cheese

½ cup butter softened

Beat together well.

Spread on cooled brownies.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Pictures of farm country were so cute. I'm excited to try the pumpkin brownies, they sound awesome!! Also, I really like the book shelf on your side bar.

Emily said...

Wow! Look at you all out-and-about just a few weeks after having a baby! I am impressed! You look great Nicole! And thanks for the brownie recipe. Yummy!

Hannah Jones said...

Wow! Scotty looks so much older with his short hair! Looks like you've been having fun!
Your pumpking brownies really are to kill for- thanks for sharing!!!
And I love the pic of Brock right as the pony started going again! That face is classic!
Love ya, Nicole! You're an amazing friend- and an amazing mother to your kids. They are so blessed to be yours!! ;)