
As a mother there are an infinite number of milestones you encounter with your children.
There are happy sweet ones.
-first smile
-The first time they tell you "I love you Mom."
-The first time they write you a love note.
Then there's the not so happy ones...
-first stitches
-first broken cup/bowl/decorations
-first swear word
Within this not so happy list are dozens that I hope I never have to encounter and I'm very happy to not have encountered them yet when friends tell me of their encounters.... (It's kinda of amazing especially with 3 kids all almost through the toddler stage)
-broken bones
-broken windows
-trip to ER for something shoved somewhere it shouldn't
-poop artists
Until today!!!
I unhappily joined the ranks of a mom of a poop artist! Yup! Kara is officially our first poop artist!
Now looking back there are several key points I overlooked today that in a good book would definitely be considered blatant foreshadowing...
1- Kara has been dropping a nap every so often and will chuck everything out of her bed and just roll around bored in her bed...
2- She took off her clean diaper herself today and ran down the hall and thought it was particularly hilarious.
3- Today in particular was a day I put her down for her nap and kept hearing her gabbing to herself and not napping. (I even went in and rocked her for a few minutes and see how she repaid me...)
So the boys were outside digging for roly polys and I went down the hall to put something away and distinctly smelled poop. I thought Sally must have had an accident in the boys room since she has been stuck inside because of the rain. But there room was clean. So I walk past Kara's room to check the bathroom thinking someone forgot to flush the toilet. Nope. Then I move on to my room but the smell hasn't reached there. It hit me as I turned around that I was about to face one of my worst nightmares... As I opened Kara's door the smell hit me and I knew. And there sat Kara giggly and happy.... and covered in her own POO!!!! Under her fingernails, between her toes, in her hair, all over her clothes and arms and legs! So so so so so gross!!! Luckily the "artistry" was contained to the bars of the crib. None on the walls, the pillow, the toys. So my happy proud little artist got chucked in the tub and I used almost an entire container of clorox wipes and clorox spray and scrubbed down the crib, chucked the bedding in the washer with bleach and smothered my self in hand sanitizer! Ew! (I still think I smell poo!)
Here's the grossest kicker and that little piece of blackmail I will forever be able to dangle over her head until she's old and married... she had poo smears all around her mouth! EWWWW!!!!! She must have had a taste test or two! So so so so so gross!!!!!!!!!
So yeah- my Kara will definitely be the death of me. She's the one that will give me a run for my money in the long run! Let's hope this new baby isn't as mischievous!
2 comments:
Jenna and Cody both did the poop thing. they were much younger though. I am still amazed that with all the drawing their hands stayed sooo clean!!! totally gross I know :)
We have had very mild encounters with poo artists at our house...good luck with that little girl!!
Post a Comment