Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Oh Newport Beach how I love thee!

So every year for like more than 50 years my grandparents have had a family reunion of sorts in Newport Beach CA.  Ever since I was born we go every year and everyone gets beach houses and we just party all day long!  It's great fun!  This was last years beach post...  So again- here's a small taste of the fun that was had at the beach.  Chasing three kids took it's tole on me and I didn't snap nearly as many pictures as I would have liked to but I do like the ones I got.  

OK real quick- BEST thing of the week- Dan came for most of it which was wonderful! 

 Other high notes- my dad and I ran 10 miles one morning!  Yay me- to justify though- it's at 0 degrees elevation I believe and Utah is high so it was way way easier there to run than it is here...  But yeah- I ran for 100 minutes straight almost!!!  

And yes- we felt the earthquake- we were upstairs in our rickety old beach house and felt a real good shake for like 15 seconds that made most of us a bit motion sick.

So all in all- one of the best vacations in a long long time!  Thanks to all my fam who pitched in with my crazy kiddo after dan left- You ROCK!





My creation

3 comments:

Moreau's said...

good job on your mosaic! Don't you wish that it didn't cost so much to live by the beach? If the cost of living was like it is here, I would be laying on that beach everyday, with a house just a few feet away. I love the smell of the ocean, and that thick ocean air, and the sound of the waves, and my favorite thing to do is dig in the sand, I find it completely relaxing. I am glad that you all had fun!

*The Holbrook Family* said...

Hey Nicole, this is Kristy Holbrook from Vegas, I love the mosiac pictures, I have seen alot of blogs with that on it, do you mind me asking how you do that? Thanks

Amanda said...

So much to comment on! I love all the pics! Love Dan and Kara, Love you with the boys (brocks hair is priceless), and I always love to see pictures of your entire family. It's fun to see how big your younger siblings are.

I'm glad that you had another successful year at the beach. Now, how do I get my family to start this type of a tradition? :)